10 Hacks you can do to punch above your weight and get the gig
A powerful session by some seriously smart people focussing on adding value to the klt hotseat
- How do you punch above your weight?
- When you try and pitch for a tender to a larger company – is it important to make your business bigger than it is!
- What can you do to become a preferred supplier to a “whale”?
Here are 9 things that were identified in today’s klt hotseat
- Be clear on your Unique Selling Proposition
Make a list of all the things that
- Why a company would not buy from you
- What a company is looking for when buying your product or service
- What are their pain points
Ask leading questions …
- “Tell me about the Time when things didn’t work “
- “How do you find that out …..
- “What keeps you up at night “
Do your research
- Find out who the decision maker is
- Do your research on him/ her
- What keeps them up at night
- What you can do to solve their pain
- What is their personality profile
Invite them to a bbg forum
Build a relationship
Nothing better than face to face
Once you find out the 3 questions,
Find answers to the questions and fears and this will tease out your Unique Selling Proposition
Can you collaborate with other smaller businesses or “giggers” and disrupt the big players?
Social media and websites – can you get address and tel # in strategic places
Align with social enterprise (especially if decision maker is millennial or gen y or z! )
Identify who you ideal customer /customers are – create avatars / Personas of them
Beauty industry – perfumes – high prices, fancy bottles, scientific -men testing in white jackets – pretty
Customers wanted all natural and
body shop and similar companies took market share
They will sell for you. Your best advocates are your happy clients and stakeholders. A recommendation from someone that your prospect knows is often enough!
Meet with BBG members – they are connected – they will refer you to decision makers – ASK
Provide a brilliant service , on time and wow your ciustomers