Steve Jobs on Success
Steve Jobs believed in the fundamental power of belief.
You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever.
See genius in your craziness, believe in yourself, believe in your vision, and be constantly prepared to defend those ideas.
You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.
Jobs knew that plans are never perfect. Only in hindsight can they appear that way.
Here’s what really happens.
People who eventually find success start by trying things. Lots of things. They succeed at some. They fail at others. They learn from those successes and those failures.
And along the way they seize and at times even create their own opportunities to advance themselves and those around them
Although having a plan and goals are important, with milestones and an end in mind, the reality is – that shit happens and plans change !
Jobs identified 10 certain principles and values that are key to success – in whatever you are trying to achieve….
- Have a big vision – his classic question to John Sculley …“Do you want to spend your life selling sugar water or do you want to change the world?”
- Be very focussed – do something properly
- Be Passionate in what you do
- Nail your narrative – inform, educate, inspire and entertain – sell the dream not the product .
- Connect with other people and share ideas
- Take action
- Have extremely high expectations.
- Create an amazing customer experience
- Challenge yourself — and those around you
- Work smarter, longer, and accomplish everything you dreamed possible.
Posted on January 3, 2019