A great model – Invest in People
How do you invest in the future sweat and ingenuity of a young entrepreneur?
Imagine being able to back a future “superstar”early in their careers in return for a percentage of future earnings?
Currently, old people with large balance sheets have the power and the money – how can this be transferred to the young – for a great ROI
Sam Lessin’s Slow Ventures is looking to back stars – giving them a balance sheet to leverage their skillsets to become superstars !
In return for an investment, you get a percentage of all of the money the star makes annually for 50 years and a percentage of the IP and property that is created or invested in .
Similar to the VC model…. Backers will take a portfolio approach where the superstars will carry the cost of capital for everyone.
I suppose it’s like an investor backing a “fund” vs a “project”
The stars that are investable will be
- Those that have a clear vision, mission and plan
- Those that have the CD ability to communicate that plan
- Those that ate passionate about their success
- Those that are trustworthy
Issues to work out
- How to you value a stars ⭐️ future income?
- How can you enforce the payment ?
- Can the investment be done with blockchain?
What do you think of the concept ?Posted on November 16, 2021