We had a great session with Tony Surtees last week – talking “the great reset” and the opportunities at are coming from COVID-19.
Loved the story of “Monty Python and the Holy Grail having to imitate horses with coconuts – because of a lack of budget !!!
Tony also shared a pictorial of David Thodey’s Talk on how we might capture the CoVid-19 opportunity – from Gavin Blake
Some insites from the pictorial
– we must be ambitious and realistic
– identify that there are sectors that are seriously struggling – and will continue to struggle – airlines , cafes and events – what will replace the latent demand?
– the Aus Government have been amazing
– we must not ignore the human element – working from home and balance of life improved
– 7000cases and 102 deaths
– NBN and technology (such as zoom) has been a huge enabler
– China and 5G
– using renewables
– innovating using real time data
The Drivers of Innovation
- Corporate Australia
- digital enablement
- small Business – having time innovate to survive
- technology enablement
- research and development
- more investment in g th he private sector
I reckon – the opportunity to connect and collaborate and realising the importance of contribution and community!
Tony identified the 6 pivotal technologies that he believes will drive the next wave of innovation
Posted on June 28, 2020
I look forward to sharing with you insites from Tony’s talk – That came from our #BBGthinktank