Saikyo Miso Cod
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
- 600-800g Black cod or tooth fish fillets
- Pinch Sea salt
- 4-6 pcs Green shallot
- Saikyo Miso Marinade
- 400g Saikyo White Miso
- 300ml Orange Juice
- 75ml Mirin
- 75ml Sake
- 120g Sugar
- 15ml Grand Manier or Cointreau
- 1-2 drops Orange Oil
- Orange Zest
- Miso Orange Sauce
- 300ml Fresh Orange Juice
- 100g Saikyo Miso
- Cut cod fillet into 100g size pieces and lightly season with sea salt on the cooking tray and leave it in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Wipe off all moisture from fish fillet with paper towel.
- Mix all Saikyo miso marinade ingredients together until sugar dissolved.
- Marinate fish fillets into miso marinade and leave them in the fridge at least 48 hours.
- After 48 hours, rinse off all miso marinade with water and wipe with paper towel. (Marinated fish fillet will last 5-7days in the fridge or 3-4weeks in freezer)
- In the sauce pan, cook orange juice and reduce until it becomes 1/3 of initial amount. Then add saikyo miso and mix up well.
- Pan fry marinated fillet and green shallot (cut into 5-7cm lengths) with grape seed oil. These fish fillets are easily burned because of sweetness, so make sure to use substantial amount of oil and not heat up pan too much.
- When it’s cooked, put fish fillets and green shallot on the plate and drizzle Miso orange sauce over the top.
By Raita Noda